Miches is a municipality of the Dominican Republic, located in the province of El Seibo. Its name honors the memory of General Eugenio Miches, one of the heroes of the Dominican Restoration.
It is located on the Atlantic coast of the northeast of the country. It also sits between the northern slopes of the Eastern mountain range and the southern shore of the Samaná Bay, with an abundance of tropical and marine forests of unusual beauty.
As part of the Atlantic Coast, #Miches has a large number of nearby beaches considered one of the best in the country, on whose coasts there are abundant coconut and almond trees. Along kilometers of white beach, you can enjoy a sea with calm and turquoise waters.
Mangroves, mountains, rivers, waterfalls, caves complement an offer of spectacular natural beauty. The town of Miches is very cozy and exhibits a great promenade from where you can enjoy the sea breezes or enjoy the unique local cuisine.
Points of interest
MICHES Y MONTANA REDONDA #paytouchfree
Arriving at Miches means having the opportunity to visit places of extraordinary appeal. If you come along the El Seibo-Miches highway, you will have the opportunity to see the impressive views of the Miches beaches and a stunning panoramic view of the Samaná Bay. If you visit us on the Punta Cana-Miches-Sabana de la Mar highway, you will have the opportunity to get close to Montana Redonda, the cradle of mythological swings and of witches who touch the sky with their prodigious brooms. From there, you can observe the Laguna Redonda nature reserve and protected area, as well as Laguna Limón. Do not forget to enjoy the gastronomy of the Loma Redonda restaurant and do not leave without trying their coconut candy. From Lisbon to Sabana de la Mar you will discover an impressive natural world: from virgin beaches like Playa Esmeralda. Limón, Playa Arriba lagoons for kayaking, bays like Bahía La Gina with mangroves and their marine diversity, or spaces for diving La Media Luna, a natural saltwater pool. Along the same road, after passing through Miches, you will discover La Gina, Las Canitas among other towns, and arrive at Sabana de la Mar in the province of Hato Mayor, the usual point of contact and departure for boats to Samaná and the natural landscapes of the Haitises, an exceptional geological formation of small hills where you will find spectacular caves full of Taino hieroglyphs.
How to get there?
· If you are coming from Santo Domingo, you have several options: Take the Autopista de las Américas, pass the Punta Caucedo international airport, enter the Autovía del Este and take that right to Punta Cana. And take the Punta Cana-Miches highway. Sabana de la Mar.
· There is another way: take the Autovía del Este, when you get to San Pedro de Macorís double in the direction of Hato Mayor and when you get to Hato Mayor take the Hato Mayor-El Seibo highway. Upon arrival in Seibo, shortly after entering that city, you will find the Seibo-Miches highway and drive straight to Miches.
· If you are in Hato Mayor, you can also take the Hato Mayor-Sabana de la Mar highway to Sabana de la Mar and drive about 40 kilometers to Miches.
· Muelle de Miches: an excellent access road to arrive by sea, whether you are in Sabana de la Mar, Samaná, Nisibon, Uvero Alto, Punta Cana.
· When you arrive in Miches, you will find companies specialized in inland transportation, as well as various marine excursions.
Crafts in Miches and on the Atlantic Coast
Throughout the Atlantic Coast, you can get handicrafts in coconut, horn, wood, Taino art and coconut art, embroidery, handbags embroidered in thread. You can get wooden boats and the local artisans mainly work with coconut. There are artisan associations in La Gina and El Cedro.
The Miches craft fair meets weekly near the Miches dock.